Next-Level Tooth Replacement
It’s difficult to look forward to meals when your missing teeth restrict what you’re able to eat. Meeting up with friends and family can be less fun as well if you constantly feel the need to hide your incomplete smile. Overall, missing teeth are more than an oral health problem, but Dr. Susman is ready to help patients with dental implants in Tulsa, OK. With them, he can bring back any missing teeth and give someone a strong smile they are eager to show off again. To learn more and schedule an appointment, contact us today.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants are the most comprehensive tooth replacement available today because they:
- Are the only option that restores both the root and crown of a tooth.
- Support the jawbone from the inside to prevent bone loss.
- Are able to fully replicate how natural teeth look and function.
- Offer stability superior to traditional prosthetics.
- Can be trusted to last for 30 years or more.
"I have been going to Dr. Susman for nearly 20 years. My husband for 1/2 that long. I can tell you, unequivocally, Dr. Susman and his staff are professional and extremely talented in what they do. I’ve had root canals, veneers, caps, cleaning! All were done with my care and comfort in mind. Great place."- K.P. / Yelp / Aug 11, 2020
"Dr Susman and his team are wonderful! Super nice and the girls are so sweet. They’re all really friendly and always making sure you’re taken care of. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable. They keep their space clean. They work well with you when it comes to the bill so you never have to stress about it. I’ve never had any issues with them since I started going there, Over 10 years ago. I always recommend dr Susman to anyone who asks."- S.A. / Google / Feb 27, 2020
"Thank you Dr.Susman! You have given me self confidence back in my smile, and did a great thorough job! And great staff! 100% would recommend to all my friends."- J.W. / Google / Aug 27, 2019
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
What makes dental implants so different compared to other restorations is that the procedure begins with placing a small titanium post into the jawbone to recreate the root of a tooth. Once in place, this new root actually bonds with the surrounding bone, making it just as strong as a real one. These roots can then be topped with crowns, bridges, or dentures to bring back the visible portion of the teeth, creating a seamless replacement.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants offer a number of unique benefits you simply won’t get with any other treatment, such as:
- Implanted teeth are just as secure as real ones because they are rooted within the jawbone, allowing a patient to eat whatever they like with complete confidence.
- Unlike regular bridges and dentures, implants don’t have metal or acrylic attachments that stick out in the smile. They look completely natural from every angle.
- Implant roots actually support the jawbone from the inside, preserving its strength, shape, and health. This helps the remaining teeth stay in place and lets a patient maintain a more youthful appearance as the years go by.
- Placed by an expert, a dental implant can be expected to last many years.
ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS RIGHT FOR YOU?
With Dr. Susman, just about anyone with missing teeth can be a good candidate for dental implants, regardless of how many teeth need to be replaced. After giving you an exam and taking a 3D X-ray, he can help you decide which of the following restorative options would be best for you:
MISSING SINGLE TOOTH
Without reshaping or adjusting the nearby teeth, a dental implant root can be placed into the jawbone and topped with a custom-made crown. This crown will be made from dental porcelain by Dr. Susman and specially shaded to blend with the rest of the smile.
MISSING MULTIPLE TEETH
Bridges and partial dentures can bring back multiple teeth with a single prosthetic, and now, they can be anchored directly to the jawbone with dental implants to give them unmatched stability and tremendous durability.
MISSING ALL TEETH
If you are missing all of your teeth and/or have an uncomfortable denture, we can place four to six implants along the jawbone, and these will provide the foundation for a full denture. Implant dentures are smaller and more comfortable than traditional ones, but they allow for a stronger bite and can maintain their initial fit for much, much longer.
HOW DENTAL IMPLANTS WORK
When you come to see Dr. Susman to get dental implants, the process will follow these basic steps:
- He’ll give you an exam to determine if dental implants would be a good option for you.
- If they are, he’ll schedule you to have your implant roots placed.
- While your mouth heals, you’ll be given temporary restorations.
- After a few months, you’ll return to Dr. Susman to have your crown, bridge, or denture attached to the implants.
UNDERSTANDING THE COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
The cost of dental implants is always different from patient to patient, and it is largely determined by the following factors:
- How many dental implants a patient needs.
- Where they will be located in the mouth.
- The type of restoration used.
- If any procedures are needed beforehand to get a patient ready to receive implants (like gum disease therapy or tooth extractions).
Because dental implants are designed to last for decades, they are widely considered the most budget-friendly option for tooth replacement.
THE COST BEHIND THE SMILE
Are you contemplating how best to replace your missing teeth? If you’re like many individuals, you’re weighing all your options, considering the pros and cons of each, and most of all, figuring out what is most affordable. While it is no secret that dental implants in Tulsa are more expensive than traditional tooth replacement solutions, you must look beyond the initial aesthetic benefits and determine if the cost of a permanent, potentially life-long restoration is more cost-effective than prosthetics that require regular maintenance and replacement over time. Dr. Marc Susman can help you navigate this process by further explaining the cost behind your new smile. Spend a few minutes reviewing the following information. When finished, please do not hesitate to contact our office with additional questions.
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
One of the great aspects of pursuing dental implants is their versatility! Not only can you replace a single missing tooth, but you can also replace multiples or all your teeth.
- Single Tooth – Using a single titanium post, metal abutment, and customized dental crown, we can restore your smile in a less expensive, healthier, more beautiful way.
- Multiple Teeth – Requiring at least two dental implants, metal abutments, and a customized dental bridge, an implant-restored bridge or partial denture can be placed for a slightly higher cost.
- All Teeth – The most expensive dental implant treatment is an implant-retained denture. This typically requires between 4 and 6 implants as well as a fully customized denture.
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANT TREATMENT?
It may be difficult to understand, but each stage of dental implant placement incurs its own fee. Initially, your consultation with Dr. Susman will require a full exam of your oral and facial structures as well as impressions of your smile, which are sent to a dental lab. If Dr. Susman believes your jawbone is not dense enough to adequately support your implants, you will need to undergo a bone graft or sinus lift, both of which can add to the overall cost of treatment.
If you are cleared for implants, the actual surgery will be its own fee, as it requires anesthesia and surgical placement of each dental implant. Also, the metal abutments and customized restoration will be additional factors in your cost estimate.
ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS WORTH THE INVESTMENT?
The answer to this question ultimately depends on what you value most important. Do you want a less expensive solution that offers an improved appearance but also requires frequent adjustments and/or replacements? Or, would you prefer a permanent treatment that requires more invasive surgery but is designed to last decades or more?
When comparing the pros and cons of dental implants to other traditional prosthetics, it is easy to see why implants are a more cost-effective solution and worthy of the initial upfront cost.
DOES MY DENTAL INSURANCE COVER DENTAL IMPLANTS?
It is unfortunate, but most dental insurance companies do not currently cover dental implant placement. Some are beginning to add it to their coverage benefits; however, this is not the case for all.
While certain aspects of your treatment may be covered (i.e. restoration, initial consultation), you will likely need to speak with a representative from your insurance company to determine if any of your implant procedure will be covered. No matter if your file with insurance or not, Dr. Susman and his team are pleased to accept payment through CareCredit, a third-party financier that offers low- and no-interest financing plans to help you stick to your budget.
Why Are Dental Implants Such A Popular Option Among Patients With Missing Teeth?
Trying to decide whether to move forward with dental implants in Tulsa? Learn what makes them the industry standard for replacing missing teeth.Read
Why It's Better To See A Dentist Who Offers The Latest In Technology
Tired of receiving dental care with old methods? Learn why it’s best to see a dentist who is committed to providing the latest in dental technology.Read
Reopening Doors: What to Expect During Your Next Dental Visit
Unsure what you can expect when you return for your next dental appointment? A dentist in Tulsa explains the measures being taken to keep you safe.Read
Why It's Beneficial To Find A Dentist Who Can Meet All Your Dental Needs
Tired of getting referrals for dental services? Learn why it’s better to see one dentist who can offer comprehensive care to meet all your needs.Read