About Emergency Dentistry
If you’re experiencing a lot of pain because of a toothache or dental injury, the absolute last thing you probably want to do is waste time searching online for an emergency dentist. Luckily for the people of Tulsa, urgent dental care is just a phone call away with SmileRemodels & Digital Dentistry. If you ever need immediate dentistry, give us a call, and we’ll schedule an appointment for emergency dentistry in Tulsa, OK right away—preferably the same day!
"I have been going to Dr. Susman for nearly 20 years. My husband for 1/2 that long. I can tell you, unequivocally, Dr. Susman and his staff are professional and extremely talented in what they do. I’ve had root canals, veneers, caps, cleaning! All were done with my care and comfort in mind. Great place."- K.P. / Yelp / Aug 11, 2020
"Dr Susman and his team are wonderful! Super nice and the girls are so sweet. They’re all really friendly and always making sure you’re taken care of. They make you feel welcomed and comfortable. They keep their space clean. They work well with you when it comes to the bill so you never have to stress about it. I’ve never had any issues with them since I started going there, Over 10 years ago. I always recommend dr Susman to anyone who asks."- S.A. / Google / Feb 27, 2020
"Thank you Dr.Susman! You have given me self confidence back in my smile, and did a great thorough job! And great staff! 100% would recommend to all my friends."- J.W. / Google / Aug 27, 2019
HOW TO HANDLE COMMON DENTAL EMERGENCIES
If you even think you are dealing with a dental emergency, we recommend giving us a call. Tell us about your situation, and we’ll let you know whether or not you need to come see us without delay. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do on your own in the time before you reach our dental office…
- Rinse and floss around the tooth to remove any food debris
- Take an OTC pain medication
- Apply a cold compress to the face in 10-minute intervals
- Do NOT use a sharp object to remove anything from between the teeth
- Recover any pieces of the tooth that you can find
- Put them in a safe container
- Bring them to our dental office
- Use a cold compress to minimize any swelling
- Cover the remaining tooth so it can’t accidentally injure the inside of the mouth. The easiest way to do this is to use a piece of sugar-free gum.
- Pick up the tooth without touching the root
- Rinse it off gently
- Place it under the tongue
- If this doesn’t work, the tooth can also be stored in a bag with some milk or saltwater
- Try to come see us as quickly as possible
- Rinse off the restoration with some water
- Place it back onto your tooth
- Come see us even if you aren’t experiencing any pain, as a loose restoration can lead to new decay or damage.
HOW TO PREVENT DENTAL EMERGENCIES
A few simple practices will help you avoid 99% of the dental emergencies listed above:
- Brush and floss every day to prevent cavities and infections that could lead to toothaches.
- Come see us every six months for a checkup so we can treat a small problem before it turns into an emergency.
- Wear a mouthguard to keep your teeth safe while playing sports.
- Don’t use your teeth to open packages or bottles.
- Avoid chewing on particularly hard items like ice, popcorn kernels, rock candy, pens, pencils, etc...
THE COST OF TREATING DENTAL EMERGENCIES
Because dental emergencies can vary so much when it comes to type and severity, the cost of treatment is always different from patient to patient. A person with a toothache may just need a small filling, or they might require a root canal and crown. We really can’t determine what someone needs until we see them. Whatever the situation, however, seeking out care as quickly as possible is the best way to minimize both pain and cost.
Why It's Better To See A Dentist Who Offers The Latest In Technology
Tired of receiving dental care with old methods? Learn why it’s best to see a dentist who is committed to providing the latest in dental technology.Read
Reopening Doors: What to Expect During Your Next Dental Visit
Unsure what you can expect when you return for your next dental appointment? A dentist in Tulsa explains the measures being taken to keep you safe.Read
Why It's Beneficial To Find A Dentist Who Can Meet All Your Dental Needs
Tired of getting referrals for dental services? Learn why it’s better to see one dentist who can offer comprehensive care to meet all your needs.Read